Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The New York Howl: Songs of the Day, Dead Band of the Day Also



Which is more sad?  A dead person or a dead band?  A dead band, because at least a dead person is out of their misery.  A dead band is the living dead.  It's something that could have been, would've been, and in the case of the New York Howl, should have been.

I saw a show by these guys.  Let's not b.s. each other.  I was far less than impressed.  Like most hip-hop shows they're just better recorded than live.  But that doesn't mean they don't have some kick ass music.  Don't believe me ... you'll learn.  The Musical Jedi is always right.  Peep two songs that will become your favorites.  And like a vintage wine, there's no more to come.  So savor these, and then just like that wine, it's gone forever.

Song 1:  "Can't Get It Right, Right Now"



Digital Press Kits 
Some bands want to be Nirvana.  Some imitate, i.e. the Black Eyed Peas at the AMA's two nights ago.  Some just are ... at least for a moment.  This song is just a bad ass fuck you, it's now or never song.  You can skip next two songs, but I don't blame you if you want to add this one to the permanent library.

Song 2: "Gasoline"
Ever felt beat down?  It's midday and you take a look around and wonder, what the fuck is going on in my life?  How the hell did I get here?  Yeah.   Me too.  Well, The New York Howl has the answer, "Gasoline."  This song is a cure for the occasional blues that all of us get.  No, it won't make you feel all geeked and better.  What it will do is give you the solution for what to do with your pity-party-woe-is-me-cry-me-a-river ass.  

Yeah.  You're welcome.  Discovering bands like the New York Howl is why I write this blog.  Deuces.   

No comments:

Post a Comment